Google

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mad over Guiseppe!

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie... that's amore... Ooohhh... I just love Italian... especially when it comes to pizza and pasta. And while we're on the subject of pizza and pasta, guess where Marc took me for our anniversary dinner last Sept. 3??? Giuseppe!!! Yep, that same Giuseppe pizza restaurant that I've been itching to go to since Noel Flowers told me about it... what? 2 years ago? Oooohhhh... I just love the place! Their pizza is soooo fantastic! And it's reasonably priced too. You can get a 12" family-sized pizza for around Php360-420. And we're talking about real Italian pizza here... real tomatoes, mozzarella, Italian sausages... Parma ham... ooohhhh...

I had a hard time deciding what to eat! There were sooo many good stuff that I wanted to try! For pizza, we finally settled on Gregorio; the waiter suggested it was their specialty. It was gorgeous... simple... classy (not a hodge-podge of toppings thrown haphazardly together.) It looked like real home-made pizza. I love it! The tomato sauce... light and flavorful, the sweet mozzarella, the thin dough that's perfectly balanced between crisp and chewey... and ooohhh...long thin slices of prosciutto right on top!!! (that's Parma ham, by the way.) I love it! I love it! I love it!
And of course, the pasta. Since I'm more of the white-sauce pasta fanatic, we ordered Penne Martina, or penne in four cheeses (sauce). Penne Martina, and most of their pasta dishes, costs Php360.00 but it's a huge serving of pasta that's good enough for 2-3 persons. The four cheese sauce was thick and creamy; I love the burst of nutty flavor by the Parmesan cheese when I covered my penne with it... Marc though, thought it was weird to eat pasta with just simply pasta and sauce (he's used to the more meaty American spaghetti.) I laughed and said, "That's Italian, beveh. Less is more."

Jokingly, I took a slice of prosciutto from the pizza, cut it up into bits and tossed them in the penne. "Here. Now you've got meat on your pasta!"

Hahahahaha!!!

Oh, we did have some pizza and pasta left over. Guess what I did with the penne? I heated it up in the microwave, tossed some olives and bacon and a sprinkle of basil (i love basil!) and ta daaaahhhh!!! Mmmmmmm!!! Now that's what I call a leftover-makeover!!!! =)


A real beaut of a pizzeria tucked in Ma. Luisa North, Banilad...


Top to bottom glass windows give you a great view of the outside yet maintaining that feel of intimacy for a... ahem... special date. >=)


There in that big hot oven lies the heart of Giuseppe's pizza goodness!


Giuseppe's Gregorio Pizza... sigh! My camera just couldn't do it justice! ='(


A huge plate of Penne Martina... penne in Four Cheeses (sauce) sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Hehe... I accidentally gave the pasta a quick toss before I remembered to take a picture of it. Whooops!

Lotsa olives, loads of bacon and dashes of basil dressed up my leftover Giuseppe pasta!
Yum! Yum! Yum!!!!
Buon appetito everyone!!!! =)

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm... i have to try this place when i get back to cebu!!! :D

November 23, 2007 at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Google